IMMAT remains committed to ongoing research to assist employees combatting workplace stress. Recent IMMAT studies suggest that many stress reduction techniques can be enhanced by nearly 173% by simply wearing one IMMAT bracelet on a daily basis. In fact, frequent users of IMMAT continue to attest to dramatic improvements with a wide variety of ailments (i.e. high blood pressure, chocolate addictions, post nasal drip, nymphomania, etc). When you consider a personal stress management program remember to order your IMMAT today!!!!
Techniques For Alleviating Stress/ Boredom in The Office
1. Try to not think about penguins (Stress Relieving Potential [SRP]: 1-5 minutes) This is especially hard, because by trying too much, you remember what you were trying to avoid thinking of. If you try too little, you end up thinking about penguins anyway.
2. Use your secret mind power (SRP: 5-10 minutes) Pick a passerby and try to use your mind power to command them do something, like drop their bag or knock into someone. The law of averages dictates that sooner or later one of your mind commands will come true, so you can convince yourself that you really have super human powers and waste even more time trying them out.
3. Pretend you're a robot (SRP: 1-3 minutes) Walk down the hallway with mechanical movements, adding 'zzzzzt' sounds with each motion. Pretending to have a motor broken in, say, your left hand can add at least 30 seconds more entertainment.
4. Repeat the same word over and over until it loses its meaning (SRP: 1-3 minutes) Pick a random word out of a magazine and say it aloud to yourself until it becomes a meaningless set of noises.
5. Hurt yourself (SRP: 1-3 minutes) What is pain? Why is it unpleasant? There's nothing physical about it - it's all in your mind. Plus, after pinching yourself for awhile, boredom will seem nice next to being in pain.
6. Look at something for awhile, shut eyes, study after image (SRP: 2-5 minutes) Another great time waster. It takes about 30 seconds of staring to create an after image, and the image is then viewable for about the same length of time. Fun to combine this one with pushing on your eyes.
7. Get yourself as nauseated as possible (SRP: 5-10 minutes) Best achieved by looking straight up and spinning around. Try to be so dizzy you can't even stand up. This is also entertaining due to the "makes boredom seem a lot better" effect (see "Hurt Yourself"). See this video for OSHA approved technique.